Day 2- military family

So my sister was born 2.5 years after myself, my father was on deployment when my mom found out she was pregnant fortunately he was able to come back for her birth. After my sister was born we moved to California and bounced all over that state for most of my childhood. My cousins got to go to Germany, Turkey, Italy, and cool places like that but my father couldn't (or didn't want to) get it to where we came with him. As I was growing up and had all of those family tree projects in school, I would ask my mom about our family history. My mother would tell me about the generations (4 I believe) of my ancestors who served. My grandfather Sgt. Raul Macias (<--my hero btw)served in the United States Marine Corps, he joined after his brother took a bullet to the head off of the beaches of Normandy. My uncle served in the United States Army, my father was in the Navy, and the list goes on. So I always knew that the military was in my future. Looking back I think I would've changed some things but not my service to our country, because even in the state we're in now my family fought through racism and adversity to be American so I'm proud to have payed my due.

Comments